8 Sun Valley school kids are being treated after they may have eaten marijuana gummies

Eight children, some as young as 12, were treated at Sun Valley Magnet School on Wednesday after possibly consuming marijuana gummies, Los Angeles Fire Department officials said.

The incident was reported just before 1:20 p.m. at the school in the 7300 block of Bakman Avenue.

The children, aged 12 to 16, fell ill and were assessed at the scene. All were conscious, breathing and ambulatory, firefighters said.

Five patients were transported to local hospitals and three were returned to their parents.

Sun Valley Magnet School, which serves middle and high school students, shares an address with ISANA Cardinal Academy, which serves students in kindergarten through eighth grade. It was unclear which school the students were affiliated with.

“Although all eight patients were discovered on the Sun Valley Magnet School campus, confirmation of how each can be affiliated with the campus remains a question for LAUSD officials,” fire officials said in a statement. .

This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.

Leave a Comment